Friday, January 26, 2007

Nafisa Joseph and friend



Lonely at the Top
Beauty, brains, fame, money, youth, and a Miss India title in 1997. 25-year-old Nafisa Joseph seemed to have it all. And yet, the beautiful VJ committed suicide on July 30. A look at the murky side of glamor.
Showbiz remains an elusive, beautiful dream to many star struck young women and men. Who does not want to shine up there? But is life in showbiz as attractive as it seems? How does one work in a world, which barters youth in exchange for popularity and fame? Many beautiful women, drawn to the arc lights like moths to a flame, often find that they do so at the cost of their mental health. Women, especially, are more vulnerable. With no one to turn to and no support system, one hears of actresses who 'have it all' committing suicide out of the blue.
';
dc.write('');
//-->

Showbiz is full of tragic examples - one of the most famous being the suicide of Divya Bharti, only 19, beautiful, successful and married to a film producer besides. She fell down from the balcony of her fifth floor apartment in 1993 and reports later suggested that she was suffering from depression. Many actresses, in fact, suffer from depression and barely scrape through while the more vulnerable ones succumb - like Nafisa did at the age of 25.
Nafisa started modeling when she was 12. As she grew up, Prasad Bidapa, a known 'model maker' in Bangalore, groomed her. Nafisa was crowned Miss India in 1997 - at the age of 18. Soon, she became even more popular as a VJ with music channel MTV hosting 'Housefull' for five years.
At heart, however, all that Nafisa wanted was to have a fulfilling relationship and a family of her own - both eluded her. She had been engaged to Sameer Malhotra of Bangalore and later to actor Sameer Soni. There were rumours of a romance with actor Rahul Bose. None of these worked out. However, it seemed like she had met her soul mate in businessman Gautam Khanduja who she described as caring and sensitive. There were even plans for getting married in August. But it was not to be. According to the police, the couple had been fighting not long before Nafisa decided to take the extreme step. Police said that there were injuries on her forearms and also on her neck and left eye. Though they could be self-inflicted and police suspect no foul play, police are trying to locate Khanduja in order to get a clear picture.

Her shocked friends described Nafisa as calm and never one to throw tantrums. A quiet and composed person, Nafisa always knew what she wanted and was confident of getting it. However, like all artists, there was also a very moody side to her, which she managed to hide well when she was modelling. And she was never a very open person, they say now.
Nafisa had admitted that loneliness was always a big problem - success breeds loneliness. And it was that loneliness that led to her untimely death.
The Darbars
Vidya Balan
Dilip Kumar
Raageshwari
Deepika Padukone
Akshay Kumar
Pritam Chakraborty
Akbar Sami
Aishwarya Rai
Sona Mohapatra
';
dc.write('');
//-->


Viewer(s) Comments
feel terrible, she could have spoken to someone, she was so beautiful!
lorraine 11/9/2006 10:18:03 AM
hi,i have seen nafisa joseph in a t.v series c.a.t.s.but i m feel very sorrowful & sad why nafisa joseph u r commited suicide
tejas 10/25/2006 10:53:56 AM
hiii hope ur well,am new here i want to make frnds with pple in india.
juneid 10/19/2006 12:21:12 AM
hi nafisa HOW ARE YOU MY NAME IS TOO NAFISA I WANT KNOW YOU WHERRE YOUR FROM BECAUSE I'M FROM AFGHANISTAN AND MY NAME IS NAFISA AND I WNT YOU AND ME WAS FRIEND PLEASE SEND FOR ME AMAIL OK PLEASE IF YOU SEND FOR ME AMAIL THANKS SO MUCH AND I WAS HAPPY IF YOU NOT I MAD YOU OK BY I KNOW YOU DONT HAVE TIME BUT KHUSHISH KARTIHU OK IF YOU SEND ME I THINK KAREENNA WAS SENJD FOR ME BECAUSE ALL BOLLOOWUD WAS SERND FOR ME AND NAWV I WANT YOU SEND ME OK eXAPLE WHO;KAREENA KAPOOR,SRIDEVI,SHAH RUKH KHAN,AMISHA PATEL AND THE LAST BOLLOWUD WAS HRITHIK ROSHAN AND ALSO I WANT YOU SEND OK PLERASE ITS BAJBURI NAHIHE OK BY SEE YOU LATTER NBY FRIEND AND FRIENDLY.
nafisa 6/7/2006 1:57:22 PM
she is an angel.god give u pees.
nilay 3/25/2005 4:42:36 AM
may ur soul rest in peace
sumeet 12/2/2004 5:22:07 AM
i like your songs maxi
ghafoor 11/25/2004 1:59:56 AM
realy you are the best singer
ghafoor 11/25/2004 1:44:01 AM
This is not good
Mansoor 11/22/2004 3:12:14 PM
I went to school with Nafisa in Bangalore (we were in the same class). I am SO saddended by this news. It's such a wasted life. She was always so calm in school, always collected - this is so unlike her. I am mortified that there are the anti-depressent drugs out there, that people get hooked on to. I am also moritfied that she could not find a single soul to talk to before she had to take this drastic step. For shame!
AC in San Francisco 11/4/2004 3:14:07 PM
may god give you a better place free from all wordly hatered
saurabh 11/2/2004 7:13:26 PM
OHHHHh
manishhhh 10/27/2004 7:21:56 PM
i wants afriend who is like you.
asif Nadeem Alika 10/24/2004 11:11:15 PM
mujhe buhat afsos huwa ke nafisa ne suiside ki meri fav model thi pata nahi kiya mazboori pareshani thi is ko koi aesi nahi suiside kerta jab koi baat had se barh jaye jab hi koi yeh srep leta hai aurmain kehta hoon kash nafisa zinda hoti per kash yeh kash herjaga hota hai per kiya karain kash nafisa...
ALI JIBRAN 10/7/2004 11:27:23 AM
let it be, may ALLAH give her comfort there.
nidyapk 10/7/2004 2:39:36 AM
i think yur are well and do work well
ibrahim 10/1/2004 6:46:24 AM
Your Naem is god but you going to very bad habit
P C G 9/30/2004 11:58:39 AM
'To god we belong and to him we return'
Message 9/14/2004 10:00:37 AM
i really feel sorry for you why didnt u wait and chose a differnt guy ur a pain in the neck
queen 9/14/2004 5:23:10 AM
I am from Malaysia and saddedned by her death.Let her rest in peace...Dont judge her...leave that toAllah s.w.t
edelweiss 9/14/2004 2:34:43 AM
hey!Now she is gone then why we should be comitting that she was gud or bad plz leave all this.Leaveit to Allah 2 decide..........
raja 9/13/2004 6:23:58 PM
Ab to Adaat si hai mujko Aise jeene ki(She's gone and the things left r the one missing her...And plz U all out there dont comit sucides.Killing urself is the biggest crime...Dont even think about it,Face the hardships of life
raja 9/13/2004 6:19:59 PM
Ohhh.. Unbelievable,Nothingconsole at these times, May her soul rest in piece, Friends , when Nafisaor any one who commits suicide like this , it is only bcoz of loneliness and not being able to share thoughts, had she got some one not even close , but at least a person to talk this mishap could have been avoided,so even if u will see around , you will find a lot of guys suffering from the same ,Nafisa is gone , but you could.. save .. some one by a few kind thoughts and words
Reza 9/12/2004 7:00:40 PM
i think that most of the comments written here are stupid...we dont really know the main deal y she took that step, insteada praying for her soul rest in peace, you guys are calling her screwed up names, u guys call it haram how many of have done haram things and gotten away wid it like i know so many muslims who have eaten pigs meat thats haram too but the only thing is they got away wid it, yes suicide is a sin but can one person step fwd and say they have never sinned!! i dont think anyone ofu have the balls man..
Ethan 9/11/2004 10:03:00 AM
1234 1234 1234 1123
NOOR 9/11/2004 8:25:46 AM
hiiiiii i know ur very beautyful.
tilaksonam 9/11/2004 6:30:01 AM
rrtrrn yhjjhj
bashirkhan 9/11/2004 6:01:46 AM
hoi nafisa mubarak hoe yaar xxxxxxx
wahid jan 9/11/2004 5:47:24 AM
salam nafisa nay agar kudkashi kari hay tu us nay ya boht bari bhool kari hay q k ya haram hay aur agar katal kai hay tu ya sorry ..... q k kafer ki muot boht bori hoti hay alha us ko kabhi bhi maaf nahi karta hay us ko agg may daldayta hay bus .......... ab tu us ka allha hi malik hay
lovely 9/10/2004 12:02:55 PM
she was good but her lonliness kills her. she took that decision in hurry but she was the best VJ ever.
yashica 9/10/2004 9:19:36 AM
u r very bad girl
hhussan 9/10/2004 3:34:01 AM
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
buh 9/9/2004 6:10:52 PM
may god keep her family happy after her sad demice.
Madhura 9/9/2004 3:53:24 AM
o GOD, im really shocked to hear that...may god rest her in peace...she was very cute, especially her smile...i feel sooo sad...
Nafisa 9/8/2004 8:17:31 PM
Nothing
Sham 9/8/2004 10:35:07 AM
I was very upset to hear that news from GEO.anyways may her soul rest in peace.i love nafisa.She wasma fav VJ
SEHRISH 9/8/2004 8:06:40 AM
One should always believe that there is a way out for every problem. This is no way to deal life.
prasanna 9/7/2004 12:49:29 PM
ohhh..you made such a error darling,nobody can remove it.because "Jo Gaye Ahle Chaman se ! Woh NahiAane ke Phir,Jhad Unki Kabra Par Hain Aur Nishan Kuch BHi Nahin"
mayank mishra 9/7/2004 11:40:05 AM
may her soul rest in peace
sheetal 9/7/2004 8:18:26 AM
no comments
aashi 9/6/2004 7:25:15 AM
may God rest ur soul in peace
sabeeka 9/6/2004 12:27:08 AM
WEL WHENEVER I HEARD THE KIND OF SUDDEN DEATHS LIKE THIS I ALWAYS THINK THAT HOW A PERSON CAN LEAVE THIS BEAUTIFUL WORLD MADE BY ALLAH.umaya_khan_2004@hotmail.com
umaya 9/5/2004 3:47:07 PM
yah what can i say abt it akher jana hi hai wahan bas muatt ka koi na koi bahana ban jata hai but i saw her in a song
umaya 9/5/2004 3:39:05 PM
many die because of starvation, they fight, i think nafisa did very bad thing, she must fight, any how Allah unhe jannat de
fry biryani 9/5/2004 1:47:38 PM
I think Nafisa did a stupid thing.She just cant turn out to be a loser.I met her so many times and Iwas shocked to hear this.May Allah rest her soul in peace.I have a message for all the young girls,always listen to your parents and never ever do what nafisa did,whatever the reason.
Salman Khan 9/5/2004 1:14:29 PM
May your soul rest in peace.
zones123 9/5/2004 6:47:27 AM
hi
arif 9/5/2004 6:33:47 AM
life gets only one time, sukh aur dukh zindagi ka ek eham hissa hain,i we all pray for her.Allah jannat naseeb karen.
fry biryani 9/4/2004 1:25:23 PM
what the Fu*K man
aks 9/4/2004 1:11:53 PM
i think she did not deserved fo that end .life is name of difficulties but never lose life on anycase .she should face the life but she cud not.
nida 9/3/2004 6:23:47 PM
hi ihave seen nafisa in a serial cats .
indira ojha 9/3/2004 5:03:56 AM
ITS HER FATE SHE MET,DONT THINK THE WORLD IS UR STOP,I GIVE U EXAMPLES LIKE DIANA,ALEXANDER ETC.THEYWERE THE BEST,BUT WHEN LEFT THE WORLD THEY DIED WITH EMPTY HANDS.SO FEAR ALLAH,THE ALL MIGHTY THE SUPREME POWER.U KNOW WHEN U DIE. ALLAH HAFIZ
salman 9/2/2004 9:53:46 AM
FEEL SORRY FOR HER!! ITS A REAL SHOCK!!!!
gilbert 9/2/2004 9:34:29 AM
I can't even move properly now after reading about Her death. Can anybody tell Me why did She die ? Please tell Me at BlondeImran@Yahoo.com
Immu Dear Jaani 9/2/2004 8:11:07 AM
Oh no ! How did She die ? Oh My God ! I want to know what was the problem with which Shewas having ?
Immu Dear Jaani 9/2/2004 8:09:33 AM
its good for her
nunku 9/2/2004 3:11:37 AM
My name is sahil and i live in Australia and i feel very sorry for her.
Sahil 9/1/2004 1:23:57 AM
sorrow ful of ur death and sorrow ful also that neither u get world nor Akhrat (Hereafter).
Tariq 8/31/2004 2:00:23 AM
hi i havent even heard of you but i feel sorry for you
qurrat 8/30/2004 5:38:40 PM
u must die so ur very bad that acting our childs
ashiq 8/30/2004 8:31:54 AM
hi, u were simply great.i pray to god what u didnt got this time u"ll get it in ur next janam! love u always.................................................
raj 8/29/2004 12:46:47 PM
hello, you r good singer
umar 8/29/2004 11:56:18 AM
r.i.P HUN, GOD'S WITH U NOW, U DID A WONDERFUL JOB, IM PROUD OF U, LOVE YA.
preety 8/28/2004 10:40:19 PM
Nafisa Joseph
Rating
All time GREAT
Fine
Not bad
Horrible
Your Comments
Your Name:

http://www.amyschissel.com/bollywood_females/anupama_verma/slideshow
http://www.amyschissel.com/bollywood_females

Remember when ..... ?
http://www.joygreetings.com/rememberwhen.htm

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad.

Goes to show that being beautiful does not get you everything. Happiness is sought after by everyone but not all who seek it find it.

Nice post Saby. I knew you were a decent guy. You should be that way more often. Postive attention is far greater than negative.

Anonymous said...

FUCK
i aim to sue Awaiting for defamation of character


she calls me decent huh?
@#$%^$#!

Anonymous said...

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
more Famous Quotes

Anonymous said...

The Old Pastor's Last Request
An Old pastor lay dying. He sent a message for an IRS agent and his lawyer
to come to the hospital. When they arrived, they were ushered up to his room
As they entered the room, the pastor held out his hands and motioned for
them to sit on each side of the bed.

The pastor grasped their hands, sighed contentedly, smiled, and stared at
the ceiling. For a time, no one said anything. Both the IRS agent and lawyer
were touched and flattered that the old man would ask them to be with him
during his final moments. They were also puzzled because the pastor had
never given any indication that he particularly liked either one of them.
Finally, the Lawyer asked, "Pastor, why did you ask the two of us to come
here?"

The old pastor mustered all his strength, then said weakly, "Jesus died
between two thieves, and that's how I want to go.

Anonymous said...

I'm somewhat of a celebrity myself. And I feel lonely and depressed at times. Unfortunately, there is no solution to this problem.

Anonymous said...

there IS

Jim said...

Subject: I feared being alone............
>
>
>I feared being alone
>Until I learned to like
>Myself.
>
>
>I feared failure
>Until I realized that I only
>Fail when I don't try.
>
>
>I feared success
>Until I realized
>That I had to try
>In order to be happy
>With myself.
>
>
>I feared people's opinions
>Until I learned that
>People would have opinions
>About me anyway.
>
>
>I feared rejection
>Until I learned to
>Have faith in myself.
>
>
>I feared pain
>Until I learned that
>it's necessary
>For growth.
>
>
>I feared the truth
>Until I saw the
>Ugliness in lies.
>
>
>I feared life
>Until I experienced
>Its beauty .
>
>
>I feared death
>Until I realized that it's
>Not an end, but a beginning.
>
>
>I feared my destiny,
>Until I realized that
>I had the power to change
>My life.
>
>
>I feared hate
>Until I saw that it
>Was nothing more than
>Ignorance.
>
>
>I feared love
>Until it touched my heart,
>Making the darkness fade
>Into endless sunny days.
>
>
>I feared ridicule
>Until I learned how
>To laugh at myself.
>
>
>I feared growing old
>Until I realized that
>I gained wisdom every day.
>
>
>I feared the future
>Until I realized that
>Life just kept getting
>Better.
>
>
>I feared the past
>Until I realized that
>It could no longer hurt me.
>
>
>I feared the dark
>Until I saw the beauty
>Of the starlight.
>
>
>I feared the light
>Until I learned that the
>Truth would give me
>Strength.
>
>I feared change,
>Until I saw that
>Even the most beautiful butterfly
>Had to undergo a metamorphosis
>Before it could fly.

- a forward from mendes
a Jesus freak

Anonymous said...

Nafisa was sexy.....
pity men played with her.
Men want only SEX

God bless!

Anonymous said...

saby can you stop posting as anon.

that is so childish.

own up to your words, because sometimes you really have some good things to say.

Anonymous said...

some of the comments are not by saby..but by anon posing as saby

solely for fun

Anonymous said...

Mental illness does not discriminate. Highly intelligent people and people who are considered attractive are equally as likely to fall prey to the painful ravages of mood disorders such as depression as those considered less intelligent or attractive. It is always sad when a young person takes their own life. Especially when they seemed to show a lot of promise.

Anonymous said...

She was a beauty. I rem the day she died abt 2yrs ago? I was shocked!

Keshi.